Welcome to Dakabin State High School
Our Improvement Strategies for 2015 are:
Link with Dakabin SS a NAPLAN preparation program in readiness for year 7 testing in 2015.
- ASOT implementation team to implement DQ 2,3,4 and facilitate Higher Order Thinking Strategies associated with these questions within staff professional development.
- Transform the library into a digital independent learning centre.
- Engage QSA to lead the review of the explicit teaching of CCE’s within all grades.
- Heads of Departments to explicitly plan, embed, monitor and assess identified CCE’s within their curriculum programs.
- A professional development focus for staff on higher order thinking strategies linked to DQ 2,3,4 and specific CCE’s pertaining to H.O.T.
- Implement, monitor and review FLIP classrooms within Year 10.
- Continue strategies of embedding literacy and numeracy strategies within lesson starters of all subject areas.
- Develop and implement a common writing task checklist for teachers when assessing student writing in every subject in every grade.
- Focus on YUMI Deadly program and MITI QUT program for the teaching of Mathematics utilising “Guarantee Money” to facilitate TRS for training and monitoring, purchasing of resources and the employment of a numeracy coach.
- Implement a co-ordinated Pathways Program utilising “Mighty Mind” targeted lessons in Literacy and Numeracy, CCE’s and Higher Order Thinking across all year levels.
- Continue our differentiated NAPLAN and QCS preparation program utilising practice tests, feedback from Mighty Minds and Personalised Learning Plans for Year 8,9 and Year 11/12 students.
- Facilitate a strategically planned year-long whole school “Academic Achievers” and “Dakabin Diamonds” program for high achieving identified students from Yr 8 to 12.
- Use our new student welfare program to develop specific pro-active programs for disengaged students and reactive processes to minimise disruptions in the classroom.
- Implement a junior secondary leadership program that parallels our senior leadership program.
- Implement a Career Education Program for Year 10 semester 1 pathways program
- Open Day Sunday 9th March
- Year 6/7 transition days Term 1 and Term 4
- Year 6/7 Parent Information Evening Term 1.
- Identification of two Primary Teachers to join staff in 2015 with an associated transition program in semester 2.
- Core HODS to develop an understanding of the Year 6 and 7 curriculum programs at Dakabin SS to develop a clear transition for students enrolling in 2015.